Re: [IP] Free, postage only WELCHOL

In a message dated 9/18/2003 12:03:40 PM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> No, no, no!  There was just a news article last week about this very thing.
> Flushing medication down the toilet is NOT supposed to be done.  It is a
> dangerous practice because medication can get into the water supply.

LoL, if flushing the med can get it into the water supply, I have to wonder
what else is there, that, umm, got there by the way of the toilet.
Anyway, wasn't saying that it was the BEST thing to do, just that it was what
we were TAUGHT to do. But, I am a good girl and humanly process all medicaion
before flushing.

I know this is not the, umm, cleanest topic, but, since it was
 mentioned....what about all the medication that is not asorbed by the body and
 through, it too, ends up in the same place. Believe me, NOT trying to argue,
but, a
valid thought. I mean, like all the vitamins, and they show how liquid
 vitamins disappear into the water, but the tablet just sits there, and sits
Forgive me, but is this not the same issue. Something to think about, truly.
Has me curious now.
Tina H.