Re: [IP] Free, postage only WELCHOL

In a message dated 9/18/2003 6:03:50 AM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> I am trying to find a home for these bottle since I remember the days when
> cut visual strips into thirds to make my money go farther when I had no
> insurance.  I hate to waste good stuff.

You are a good person, trying to help others in a very expensive world. You
should be commended. I take various medications myself, and recently, while
doing paperwork, I learned to cost of each of those medications, that people
 without insurance have to cough up. For one example, 30mg of Actos, once a day,
170$ a month! That is absolutely stupid. And doctors wonder why people don't
take their medications.....

Anyway, I understand what Ryan was saying......and your heart is in the right
place. My suggestion....is NOT to give it to the pharmacy for
 disposal....but, perhaps give the unopened bottles to the physician who
prescribed them.
 Myabe he can pass them on to someone (under his prescription, of course) that
in need. Otherwise, maybe a local clinic for less fortunate people. The opened
bottle, well, it should be flushed down to toilet, or poured in the disposal
and ground up. That was what we were taught to do with meds that were no
longer needed in the places I worked.
I do NOT know the laws about this suggestion, and it is only that, a
 suggestion. As a physician, maybe your doctor can put the medication to a good,
and legal use.

Tina H.