[IP] oneTouch UltraSmart Review

I took advantage of the Animas offer -- this is the comment I put into
their feedback site this evening:

I just received your One Touch Ultra Smart meter from Animas Pump
Corporation and I can sum up my experience with one computer science
term, at the bottom of this message.

First, I am an insulin pumper and an experienced alternative site

First, on on my first three tries I was unable to get a valid reading.
Each time I got an error code 5.  I did read the manual before
attempting the first test.

I then called your 1-800 number and was on hold for over 5 minutes.
Unfortunately I did not connect with anyone because I received a phone

I then called after the phone call and after going through your voice
directed hell, after about 2 minutes got connected with help.

She was EXTREMELY PLEASANT and ID A VERY NICE JOB.  She is the only
pleasant part of my On Touch Ultra Smart Experience.

I do not like the user interface for the meter at all.  It is awkward
to have to enter the carbs/calories of food, and not useful at all not
to have a ready made database of foods.

I haven't done much else to the meter, but I will probably be shipping
it back instead of the old Freestyle.

I'm very sorry to have to tell you this, but your meter SUCKS. Your
desktop software doesn't seem bad, but I won't spend much time with it.