[IP] Medifast diet Questions

A friend of mine, not Diabetic has lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks using the Medifast
diet which he ordered on line.  Yesterday there was a
$25 coupon in our paper to order it.  Have any of you tried it?  I have
gained 40 lbs in the past 4 yrs. and cannot seem to lose any of it.  Anybody
 experienced this diet program? They say it is great for Diabetics to use as
Supposedly, it has been recommended by physicians for several yrs. and is
 considered to be safe. I am at my wits ends with this continuing wgt issue. JP