Subject: [IP] Re:Number one problem?!?

While I hate record-keeping, computers have certainly simplified the task a
lot.  My number one problem is all of the stuff I need to carry around ... a
meter, lancet device, test strips, glucose tabs, my Palm pilot (OK, Handspring
Visor) or a book with nutritional info, extra batteries (pumps have an
annoying way of alarming when its least convenient), and perhaps even a
logbook on occasion.  The invention of cargo pants and shorts is great, but
they're not suitable to wear everywhere.  I can use my briefcase when I'm
travelling or at work, but I still hate carrying around a long list of
supplies around all the time.

I'd really like to see a pump with Palm software (or at least a built-in
calculator), and a module for a meter similar to the Freestyle tracker, and
have all of it fit into a thin pump that fits in my front pocket!  Medisense
used to make a pen-sized and shaped meter, with foil wrapped strips which was
really convenient for going out, but they discontinued it so the only ones
available are on eBay, or else give results in mmol/L instead of mg/dL, which
is a pain to calculate manually.  The company told me it was due to slow sales
of that model, and the great new innovations in their newer models (I'm still
waiting to see the 'innovations' they said the newer models featured).

Note to pump and meter manufacturers:  not everyone carries purses!!!

Dx'd Type 1 9/1976 at age 7; pumping with Animas since 6/2002 at age 33