Re: [IP] any marathon runners with advice

I have not run full marathons (half marathons)........ but then I am not a
pumper either.. but what I did was checked my sugars q 15 to 30 min before
it. then I tried to get my sugars up to about 200 before it started, then I
carried in a fanny pack glucose tabs and my metre and strips and a couple
lancets (did not use the lancing device with lancets... just by themselves)
then every rest stop for juice (I had informed them that I was a diabetic
before hand) then drank oj and did a sugar. then continued... half marathon
little over 13 miles... sugars stayed between 140's and 230's. After run. I
went to q 30 min checks.. and treated accordingly if sugars were under 120
as I did not want to go low..

(Rebecca or Becca NOT becky)