[IP] Minimed called last night-Good News!!!

I received a call from Paul at Minimed last night about the emails I had
sent about the 511 and the water tight issues. He was great about the
whole thing and put my mind at ease. He is in charge of a group of
people put together to deal with this issue. He said they had been
overwhelmed with calls, letters, and emails over this problem. He said
the letter had caused more questions than answers. We talked for about
20 minutes and he listened to everything I had to say. I told him my
concerns and the concerns that I had read about in this forum. Right now
they are contacting everyone that has contacted MM about this issue and
are handling each person's case individually. They know the problem is
probably stress fractures in the casing and they are working on a
solution. They do not know yet what they will do when they find a
solution, but he did not say no when I asked about upgrading the 511 to
the new improved pump when it is put out. But they do not have a
timetable yet and could not offer anything firm. I then told him it
might be a good idea to host a chat on IP and explain everything to
people like he explained it to me. He thought that was a great idea and
he is contacting the right people at MM and at IP. I told him to contact
Rodney about the chat. So look for that in the near future. Paul and his
group are listening and tell them anything that you think will make the
situation better for you. They are very open about it. I will try to
answer any questions you have about my conversation. I hope this helps
some of you out there. Just remember, you have to be proactive.