[IP] Re: False virus email

At 03:55 PM 9/15/03, insulin-pumpers-digest wrote:
>the following is NOT a virus,,, but part of your JAVA script... you
>downloaded it when you downloaded windows. If you have deleted it, it is
>best that you do a reformat or a repair of the hard drive...
>again it is NOT a virus
> > > The virus (called jdbg.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee
>Anti-virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the

Luckily, anyone who does a search for jdbg.exe on their system won't find
it anyway.  That's not the correct name for the file.  And, you don't have
to reformat your hard drive and reinstall windows to get it back if you hit
on the correct name which is, I believe, jdbgmgr.exe.  I believe you can
find instructions at both McAfee and Norton on how to restore it.