Re: [IP] VIRUS !!! I HAD IT !!!!

At 05:20 PM 9/14/2003 The Ford's wrote:
 >Sorry all, but I found this message on my computer and sure enough I had
 >this virus.
 >Please, everyone, follow the following instructions that follow my message.
 >Thank you and, again, I am sorry.
 >Lauren Ford
 >I just received the second message that I have added.  I have had a lot of
 >e-mail and debugging problems of late.  I don't know !  To ignorant.  Just
 >trying to inform you.  I deleted this "virus".  The very best to you !!

You did not have a virus. That's because this is NOT a virus but an old
HOAX!! Please do not follow the instruction to delete the file named
jdbg.exe (actually jdbgmgr.exe). It is a Windows file used for Java and is
supposed to be there. Read
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q322993 for more
detailed information.

Since 99.5% of these "pass it on to everyone you know" messages turn out to
be hoaxes, please do not send them to this list! Any time you see these
types of messages, please check them against the many hoax databases before
doing anything. Doing a "Google" search for either jdbg.exe or jdbgmgr.exe,
you'll find lots of references telling you that this is a hoax.

Sam Skopp