RE: [IP] Fw: Hidden Virus? THIS IS A HOAX

 --- On Sun 09/14, kweinstock < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: kweinstock [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
Undisclosed-Recipient:;@excite.comDate: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:00:25 -0400Subject:
[IP] Fw: Hidden Virus----- Original Message -----Sent: Sunday, September 14,
2003 5:35 PMSubject: Hidden Virus> Hello and sorry for the
inconvenience,>> I just found out from a person who had me in his address
book that I had> received a virus that automatically is passed through email
address books.Since> you are in my address book, you will probably find it in
your computer,too.>> The virus (called jdbg.exe) is not detected by Norton
or McAfee Anti-virus> systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before
damaging the system. Itis> sent automatically by 'messenger' and by address
book, whether or not yousent> e-mail to your contacts.>> Here is how to
check for the virus and how to get rid of it quickly and> simply.>>
PLEASE DO THIS ASAP:>> 1. Go to Start, then click your 'Find' or 'Search'
  tion>> 2. In the folder option, type the name... jdbgm>> 3. Be
sure to search your C Drive and all the sub folders and any other> drives you
may have>> 4. Click 'Find Now'>> 5. The virus has a teddy bear icon
with the name jdbgmgr.exe
 This is NOT A VIRUS. This is a Legitiment FILE. Check with
http://www.snopes.com before sending out any warning about any virus esp if it
has the words: Send to EVERYONE in your address book.
 Please do NOT erase the jdbgmgr.exe file but if you have, do not panic. This
hoax, like the SULFNBK.EXE Warning hoax, tries to encourage you to delete a
legitimate Windows file from your computer. Jdbgmgr.exe is the file to which the
hoax refers, and it is the Microsoft Debugger Registrar for Java. The
Jdbgmgr.exe file may be installed when you install Windows. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com