Re: [IP] BentCannula

My 6yr old  had problems with the sites bending with the Mini Med
quicksets. She was on 9mm for a few weeks at first (they always bent)
now she's on the 6mm even though the Dr. & MM told me not to use the
smaller one on her. (She was 3 at the time.) I called MM recently when
she was getting allot of bent cannulas & they said if you have them lay
down flat (no pillow) & pull the skin tight (stretching it out) like
with your thumb & pointer finger were your going to insert, then insert
with the opposite hand it works really well. What was happening  was
that the insert needle would not go into her skin. (I guess it is to
soft) it would just push against it and then the cannula wouln't goin.
It would just bend up.