[IP] Re: Cash and complications from diabetes

 >I think it's unfortunately pretty much a given that when a person with
 >diabetes dies, unless they die of some easily recognizable and completely
 >not-diabetes-related thing like cancer or drowning or getting run over by
 >truck, the cause of death will be listed as complications caused by

>>>it does help to bring to the forefront, that diabetes has some real

 >Because diabetes can cause damage to so many systems in our bodies, and
 >because there few ways of telling whether the damage was caused by
 >or genetics or what have you, most coroners tend to finger the diabetes if
 >there are no other obvious suspects.

I'm starting to see another *have it both ways* trend. Some want disability
passes to visit theme parks, others don't want any association with
limitations forced on us by others (including driving), due to DM. Now, we
don't want to blame a deteriorated body after years of every cell being
affected by out-of-range BGs on a cause of death, yet others recently posted
that until they mark DM on death certificates there will not be the funding
forthcoming to find a cure. Heart disease is a major complication of DM and
when a heart attack takes a life, the heart ass'n gets the $$ due to the
high frequency. They don't consider that perhaps the DM cause the heart
problem in the first place.

Does this sound like wanting it both ways? YMMV

Standing in the middle of the road is dangerous. You will get knocked down
by the traffic from both ways.