From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Danielle
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2003 7:16 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Insulin req'd to drop BS (was digest V7 #529)

I've had my BS drop 150 pts in 45 minutes... but that's only after I can get
it to budge at all... Usually it takes 1/2hr to 45min to even start to drop
after bolusing, if it's been high (high meaning 350 or so)... but then,
watch out!  A 250 typically responds right away.  So I could say the greater
drop takes 1-1/2 hours total, what with the wait and all, but the actual
dropping occurs pretty quickly.

This list has been been fascinating to see both the similarities and the
amazing differences in people's histories!

From: Don Stevens email @ redacted

Checked my record for yesterday; 5 am = 306, 6 am = 191, 7am = 122,
8am= 79
That is with a 2.5 unit bolus at 5:14am That comes to 227 mg/dl
in 3 hours.
BTW, that was with a set had a bent 'cannula?) (plastic thingie :)
No telling how fast it would have dropped with a unrestricted flow!!! :)
I'm not able to get excited over a glucose reading of 250, now a
reading of 350- 450 does get my attention