[IP] ADA study on diabetic drivers

 I just received an e-mail newsletter from the ADA and one of the topics was
increased traffic mishaps of people who use insulin (particularly type 1's).
They are doing a study to collect more data on the subject. I hope this isn't
going to make my car insurance go up just because I have type 1 DM. We should
all use good common sense and check our blood glucose before getting behind the
wheel; we could kill somebody. I have heard that people with seizure disorders
must take their medication regularly and remain seizure free for a certain
period of time to keep their driver's licenses, but do they have to pay higher
insurance premiums? I am all for making the roads safer for everyone but I hope
the insurance people don't use the data from this study to gouge our wallets
more than they already do.

Do you Yahoo!?