RE: [IP] animas pump - batteries - o-ring

On 12 Sep 2003 at 17:10, Scott Strumello  wrote:

> My Animas trainer also told me to gently shake to get the plunger
> (screw) to the bottom, so while not published in the documentation, it
> does appear to be what the trainers are instructed to convey to Animas
> pumpers.
I don't "gently" shake it, I give it a "sharp" shake.       ;>)

> I kind of missed the first part of this thread, but I also buy
> batteries online from a different dealer
> (http://www.cheapbatteries.com) and have found them cheap and
> reliable, and their batteries are fresh.

 The difference between this website and http://www.sr44.com is that they sell
25 batteries
 for $12.50 postage paid. Your place sells 100 @ the same 55 cents each PLUS

> I do wonder if I missed anything on the o-rings, because I had to buy
> some and was charged $8 for something like 10 of them.  Is there any
> alternative, are are the o-rings specific to the Animas pump?

 I'm sure you can get them elsewhere, and probably cheaper. But for 70 cents
each, I
figured $2.80 a year, why not get them through Animas?