[IP] Re: Bent cannulas

 I had the same problem with the Minimed Quick set cannulas (6mm) when I put
them in my stomach. I ended up with really high blood sugars and wouldn't know
where the problem was coming from until I finally took the sets out and found
the cannula was bent. If you're on the thin side, the quick sets tend to bend if
you put them in your abdomen. I now put them only in my hip, that's the spot on
me that has more fatty tissue and I've had no problems with bent cannulas. My
CDE at one point suggested I try to use the sil-sets I believe (the ones that go
in at an angle). I tried it but it was too difficult for me to manage, I didn't
like the inserter. Anyway, try using different sites.

Do you Yahoo!?