[IP] Re: Appeals court revives diabetes suit

>Subject: Re: [IP] Appeals court revives diabetes suit
>It never fails to surprise me that carbohydrate metabolism is for some
>reason not _automatically
>considered a major life activity.

Stuff relating to the ADA these days is a double-edged sword, since the
courts have allowed the law to be weakened in what it will cover.

In the text of the statute, it clearly states that people with diabetes are
covered.  HOWEVER, the problem comes in when the opposing attorney says
that, yes, the person has diabetes, BUT it is being treated, controlled or
whatever.  They are arguing that treatment of a disability/disease
essentially negates the symptoms of the disability/disease, and therefore
the person should not be covered.

It's all rolled up into the fact that the majority of people believe that
diabetes is not important and that any "problems" (and the disease iteself)
are our own fault.

Weird Jenn
email @ redacted

AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424
MSN:  email @ redacted

slow!"  -Kathy Buckley

Fast, faster, fastest: Upgrade to Cable or DSL today!