[IP]Re: Regarding MiniMed

Kathy Bruckmeyer writes: <<I will continue to use my 507C until it dies
and I pray that it doesn't happen for  a very, very long time.>>

My 507C died last week.  Mine was out of warranty so MiniMed offered me
no repair on the dead pump BUT an even exchange for another 507C for
$495.  OR...I could upgrade to the 512 for $1,000.  I chose the even
exchange on the refurbished 507C which has a six month warranty.  I am
very happy with my choice. My insurance covers 80% so my out of pocket
cost is just $99.

So...even IF your 507C does give up when you are out of warranty...you
do have the option to get a refurbished 507C.

Becky LaSpina
IDDM since 1957  original 507C since 12/98