[IP] Seriousness of low blood sugars in children

Sylvia said:

The beauty of the pump is that you should be able to
sleep better knowing that the basals are set correctly, and that your son will
be all right.  If you are that concerned perhaps you should drop his night
time basals a little so he runs higher while sleeping.

While I agree that is the beauty of the pump...we too check Kevin sometimes
2-3 times a night. With soccer every day, sometimes 3 hours/day, his body
reacts according to how hard he ran for that time. We have put his pump at a
50% lower rate, and still had lows well into the night...and when we think we
have it all figured out, something else odd happens. Anyway, we check him
before we go to bed between 11pm-12midnight and then according to what that #
is...we check again between 1-2 hours after...and repeat if necessary.

I worry about him in 4 years going off to college...cuz he doesn't wake up
when he's low!

Mom to Kevin, 15, dx 12/98
pumping 5/99