RE: [IP] O Ring Queston

 --- On Fri 09/12, Jim < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Jim [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted: Fri, 12
Sep 2003 08:35:55 -0700 (PDT)Subject: [IP] O Ring QuestonBeen thnking of getting
the Aminas pump and this O ring is intreresting, Myqueston is:Is it possilble to
wash the old O ring off and reuse it?....Jim
 Jim, you could but then it wouldn't be considered IXP8. The thing is, you have
to stretch it a bit to get it off and then again to get it back on, that's three
times versus once. And in handling it to wash it, you may stretch it some more
and it may develope very tiny cracks in it, so small that you can't see them
with the eye. At least that is how my engineer husband explained it to me. So
it's just safer to go ahead and buy new ones especially since they come with the
batteries anyway. And depending on your insurance, that cost may be picked up
entirely by them. I know mine is, at least this year which is why I am ordering
supplies before the end of the year :) Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com