[IP] animas pump - reprime - o-ring

Rex wrote:
<Is this with an R1000 or an IR1000?   ANY TIME I open the cartridge
flap on my R1000, I have to reprime the pump>

I have an R1000 - If you open the door, yes you DO have to reprime - but only
long enough for one "beep" if you didn't turn the pump over, etc. while
changing the o-ring, etc.  If you actually turn the pump over (with the door
open) the lead screw thing goes clear back up to the top even if your
cartridge is almost empty and then you have to re-prime for quite a while to
get the screw thing back to the top of the actual cartridge.  (You are not
wasting insulin while doing this - just waiting extra time for the screw thing
to put itself back in the correct position before you shut the door.)  (I am
describing this in common people's terms - please list people - don't write
back and yell at me for not using the correct technical terms)
YMMV - Hope this helps!
( my original post was just to clarify that you didn't need to carry o-rings,
etc. all the time)