[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #529

>Don't you bolus with your pump?   The only reason I'd  use a syringe is
>if I had doubts about the insulin in the pump. or the site!!!!!!!
>I know they advise to take a injection if your glucose is over 250,
>BUT!!!!!!  I always bolus with the pump even when it is as high as
>400+,  if it is still high (400 +) a hour later  I'll take another bolus
>and if it did nont work I'd inject ---from the insulin vial---- not the

Wednesday I woke up in the 400's.  I did not eat anything because I wanted
to get it down first.  Took an injection at 6:00am along with changing the
site.  The rest of the day I just bolused to get it down.  I did not get it
down until 5:00pm.  Once I go over 250 I find I am fighting the high all
day.  That is the reason for the injection.  I really don't understand why
an injection would work quicker than a bolus but it usually does.

Thank you to all that gave me suggestions on other ways to do this.

Ginny Mingolla
Type 1  Diagnosed at age 47.  Pumping with the Paradigm  HA1c still not
where it should be