Re: [IP] Animas pump Annoyances

Spot & Christine said:
> Just as bad if you were a guy with long pants and you
> get a false occlusion alarm while teaching a lecture class.
> Not real cool, undoing your pants button, unzipping your
> fly and sticking your arm down intoyour pants to get to the
> Sil in your thigh, to disconnect and prime.

That exact thing just happened to me while teaching a biochem lecture to
a new crop of med students!  I just did not have the time to stop the
lecture and prime (as you describe), or select a zero basal program
(this will also quell the alarming, but you have to remember to fix it

I have been getting a greater-than-normal (almost weekly) number of
these "false occlusion" alarms, lately.  I called Animas and they told
me to set the sensitivity to High.  This is counter-intuitive to me, as
high sensitivity would be more sensitive, while Low would be less
sensitive.  Apparently, "High" and "Low" refer to the pressures required
to activate the occlusion alarm.

A temporary (like 30 minute) mute would be great.  Other than the
alarming, I love this pump.

Richard W. Seyler, PhD, Assistant Professor
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
2265 Kraft Dr., Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540)231-5667  email @ redacted