[IP] Regarding MiniMed

 Since so many are discussing Minimed, I thought I'd throw my two cents worth
I bought my 508 in July of 2001.
At this time, Minimed was offering a "tradeup" special.
 Anyone who bought a 508 during a specified time would automatically be able to
"trade up" to a Paradigm when it was released.
I filled out all the paperwork and waited for the new pump to be released.
When it was, Minimed refused to allow me the tradeup.
 They said they never received the postcard to be sent in to register for the
 I sent them a copy of my receipt to show when I had purchased the 508, but they
told me if I couldn't show them a copy of the postcard I sent them (Who makes
copies of this stuff?), they would not honor their agreement.
 Whenever my 508 decides to quit working, I won't even consider replacing it
with another Minimed product.

 With the recent posts here, it seems common courtesy and customer service
problems need to be addressed at Minimed.

-Rob Masters