Re: [IP] Dear Abby

In a message dated 09/10/2003 6:16:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  I don't think I, at the time, had any more control over this kind of
> "unconscious" behavior than I have over what I dream.  In the long run,
> I have "controlled" it by avoiding having long-acting insulin
> erratically lower my blood sugars -- I still have lows, with the pump,
> but I don't have that kind of experience from pump lows.  And I think
> everyone else should be trying to control it, too, but I don't know if
> they all can, and certainly it would take a while to figure it out.
> The grumpies will be a lot easier <gr.>.
> Linda Z

Linda I suggest to you as a long timer on a regulated meal plan, you were
trained to not eat anything extra. Your brain only has enough fuel to run the
 basic functions. This is when the confusion comes in. I would guess as I
insulin at 2 1/2 years of age I never new what it was like to not worry about
extra food intake. Now that I have my hockey puck attached to me I don't seem
to get upset when I eat my third slice of pizza
                        Roger C