[IP] !!!!MM TOLD ME THAT THEY WON'T DO A THING REGARDING THE WATER PROBLEM

I just got off the phone with my MM rep and this is how it went.

ME:  I am very upset over this recent change.  When I was researching
pumps I only looked at pumps that could be fully submerged in water.
As a result of my conversations with you I decided on the MM pump.  As
stated in my letter of medical nessity I need to have pump that allows
me to be in water up to two hours a day due to a leg issue.  NOW that
your pump can not offer me this feature I want a the a prorated refund
for my pump so I may purchase another pump that offers me watertight
protection.

MM: Mr. Spector, we are not going to offer refunds.  Your pump is still
working fine and yes, it can not be worn in the water you still can
take full advantage of the 511's features and benefits.  I also suggest
that if you do go to another company that you be careful because THOSE
PUMPS SHOULDN'T BE CLAIMING THAT THEY ARE WATER TIGHT.  We, MM, were
not required by the FDA to inform our customers of this change with the
511/512 but has a good company should we did the right thing.

ME:  But you don't understand you sold me a pump that doesn't have the
features and benefits that you promised.  I want a prorated refund.

MM:  MM is never going to offer a fully watertight product.  We have no
intentions of making that claim because we can't control what the
public does to the insulin pump cases so as a result we and no other
pump company should make the claim that the pump is safe to use in the
pool.  So to give you a refund we result in you going through this
exact same thing again with another firm.

ME:  So you are telling me you are not going to fix the pump to make it
watertight, you won't give me a prorated refund and that if I do go
with another pump I will experience the same results.

MM:  Well yes. I am saying that but we at MM care about the patients
and this is the best choice for you.

ME: IF YOU READ MY LETTER OF MEDICAL NESSITY I NEED A PUMP THAT CAN
ALLOW ME TO SWIM WITH IT.

MM:  Well the FDA should just tell all insulin pump users that the pump
they wear should never go in the water end of story.

ME: Are most people fine with this change.  I would think a large group
of people would be very upset with this sudden change and required
lifestyle adjustment.

MM:  YOU ARE THE FIRST TO EXPRESS CONCERN

This took place 9/09/03.

WE NEED TO COMPLAIN.  THIS IS WRONG AND THEY ARE NOW BRINGING OTHER
COMPANIES DOWN WITH THEM.  SHAME ON YOU MM, YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RIGHT
FOR ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS BEFOE YOU HAVE NO MORE CUSTOMERS TO PISS

Regards,
Richard Spector