[IP] Re: [] Looking at Choices - 508 vs. 512

2 weeks ago I've gone through the same question. Here was what I came up
with.  The reservoir can be refilled on the 512, not as handy as the 508,
but you always have a fresh supply.  I use about 80 to 90 units a day, so
that was my major draw back. BUT then the bolus wizard is SO nifty, it will
and has helped my sugar control.  And so worth the extra changing.  (Online
there is a comparison of the 512 and the 508)

The larger capacity paradigm is at least a year and a half off from
now(18mos) I was told, but then never can tell what the fda will do.  Plus
with the ability to receive the sugar results from the monitor opens up the
doorway to having your 512 act like a pump with continuous glucose sensor.
Nothing official mind you, but the hint was dropped that they are working on
a sensor that would talk directly to the pump. When will that happen? Don't
know, will it happen? Don't know.

With my 507C they  advertised ability to download the pump but never did
come up with the software.  At least they never told me about it.  In a
couple of weeks the Solutions software is going to be available to download
the pump onto your computer. And you can download any meter you have and
have comprehensive reports. Your pump will already have your insulin and
carb info.

I've had my 512 for 6 days now, and I think that it has a lot of potential.
A lot more than my  507C, and I think a lot more than the 508. Anyhow,
that's what I think.