[IP] NIH Funding - VERY URGENT!!!

This is VERY easy, VERY quick & VERY important. The Link below will open up
a form in which you enter your name, address, e-mail, phone number, and
by hitting "submit", you have registered.  Then click on the "Support
Specter/Harkin
/Feinstein Amendment for NIH Funding"  This will lead to a system to
send a message
to your Congressperson.  Be sure to put in your own personal thoughts
and send that
message to support this funding.

     http://www.capitolconnect.com/jdrf/actionalerts.asp

We are short of the 60 votes needed for the Specter/Harkin/Feinstein
amendment to pass the Senate!  This amendment will provide a $2.5
billion total increase (9.2%) in funds for the National Institutes of
Health, which will enable more research grants to be funded next fiscal
year.  With the vote now postponed to Wednesday, September 10, we need a
VERY strong grassroots push to convince more Senators that NIH funding
is important to their constituents!

Make your voice heard, send your thoughts to your Congressperson.