Re: [IP] Pancreas test

On 9/9/03 6:33 PM, "Sharon Brousseau" <email @ redacted> Demonstrated
stellar typing skills by writing:

> asking a
 > doctor who said "the pancreas just stays there and doesn't do anything" -
> satisfied my curiosity after thinking it was going to rot or something! Geez
> what I worried about until I asked! Sharon B

True, but not true. Insulin producing islet cells only make up about 2% of
the mass of the pancreas, and other than insulin, glucagon, Pancreatic
Amylase, Pepsin and other digestion 'juices' are parked into the small
intestine from the pancreas. We still have a lot of things going on in this
'Ductless gland'.

--  I have a BEEFY iBook and am not afraid to use it!

Jenny Sutherland