[IP] Looking at Choices - 508 vs. 512

Hey There!

I haven't been on here in ages (hectic life, got away from the "online time
available), I've just lurked off & on over the past few years.  I have a
pressing question now, & I'd welcome feedback/observations/other people's
experience here.  I am a Disetronic H-tron plus user (four years, August
23rd), & when I got "the letter" from Disetronic, I asked my endo about it &
was advised to look at switching over to MiniMed.  Part of the dilemma is the
fact that I like my pump, have had no problems, & have been very happy.  If it
seems wise to switch, however - I trust my doctor & he's never steered me
wrong (whether I was in "good patient" or "bad patient" mode, he's been very
good for me), so I am looking into doing so.  Contacted MiniMed - they got the
insurance approval, & the rep I've been speaking with was literally ready to
ship today...without actually discussing with me what I WANT in a pump, what
model (or sets, or supplies) I might need or prefer - no input from my end.  I
said "Okay, let's slow down a little" - I had thought he would be sending
literature out that would allow me to compare the 508 with the Paradigm & then
I could ask questions to be able to make an informed choice.  Well, the
MiniMed information packet is now on its way, so I should be seeing that in a
few days.  What I am looking for is - what caused anyone out there to choose
one over the other, whether anyone regrets the choice they did make or if they
are satisfied...the benefits & drawbacks, from a pumper's perspective.  I do
know I am not crazy about the idea of having to change cartridges
(reservoirs?) twice as often...I like having the whole week's supply of
insulin on board.  From what I was told by one girl I spoke with there, the
"new Paradigm" that will be coming will have the larger reservoir, so she
tossed around the idea of waiting for that, if this isn't an immediate need.

Any thoughts?  Your take is very welcome, in this.

Many Thanks,
Pumper & exhausted teacher (yes, it WILL get easier as the little urchins
learn their way around the great big world of elementary school!)