Re:[IP] Dear Abby

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:47:37 -0400 George Davis wrote:
 >>>Don said:
 >Sorry, I'm a long way from beliving  that we act the way we do,
because we
 >are diabetic!!!
Sorry to disagree with you Don, but, having been type 1 for 40 years,
my poor
wife can tell you of many, many times when I was "combatant", refusing
to take
sugar when I was in the 20 or 30 range.  I resist with force, and when I
finally am revived, I don't even remember being combatant.  I wish it
were not
so, but it has happened too many times.  I normally am a pretty nice
guy ;-)
George Davis<<<

I agree with George. During the 52+ years of T1 before I started on the
pump I had many (I lost count) occasions of low bg when I resisted the
attempts of others to get me to eat or drink anything that would
elevate my bg. Since starting on the pump 8 years ago I'm not aware of
any occasions of low bg when I became resistant or combative. I believe
it's because the rate of change (in the downward direction) of bg with
the pump tends to be much less than it was with injections of NPH.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000