Re: [IP] Re: obesity and Type 2, CDC

In a message dated 9/9/2003 2:21:24 PM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> >>If you spend some time on the CDC Diabetes website, you'll notice
> quickly that they admit to not knowing the causes of Diabetes (Type 1
> or Type 2).  Heck they don't even know why some women get gestional
> diabetes and some don't.  One of the reasons they call it "practicing"
> medicine, is that most of the time, they just don't know.<<
> Some things they don't know, but they do know (and state it quite
> often on that site as well as any other reputable site) that obesity
> is a risk factor in DEVELOPING Type 2 diabetes.  It also states that
> Type 2 can be delayed or prevented by keeping off excess weight and
> staying active.  This is a known fact.  I've seen it happen in my own
> family and with other people I know.  So the weight HAD to be the
> reason these people had Type 2.

But the point is, that weight or not, you need to have the gene that causes
you to develop Type 2, or Type 1 even.

>Type 2 can be delayed or prevented by keeping off excess weight and
>staying active.  This is a known fact.

I wonder if this will work with grey hair also?
Tip: You can color your hair, but the grey is still there, just hidden under
a veil.

Tina H.