[IP] Dear Abby-In defense of my endocrinologist

In defense of Dr.Barrett's letter,

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/mercurynews/living/6395563.htm
  I don't feel he is implying that people with
 diabetes
 never get emotionally upset due to the effects of
 the
 disease. "Wants a life in Virginia's" husband was
 obviosly on a downhill slide,even before he went
 into
 complete denial,quitting his medication + diabetes
 care.Diabetes may have made such behavior worse,but
 did not cause it.(as Dr.Barrett stated-"does not
 come
 about".) Her husband has been abusing his body for
 his
 entire life,being diagnosed made him a "more votile
 person that he was before.."(according to her
 letter)I
 know that diabetes can cause depression, and in some
 circumstances(due to high or low blood sugars) all
 out
 aggression,I've experienced that.And no doubt not
 treating the diabetes did make the guy more nuts..On
 a final note,Dr.Barrett is my physician + a fine one
 at that,he understands the emotional issues but he
also knows the difference between the diseise's
effects,and
 something else.And from this lady's letter,pinning
 the
 blame on diabetes is nuts.
                   Heidi