Re: [IP] MM follow-up call re: water complaint

I am actually very suprised that they do not offer any better solution
than a half price on the sports guard and that they seriously claim that
they did not consider occasionally bumping the pump when wearing it. The
latter because that is exactly what happened to the H-Tron and I refuse
to believe that they are not following any news on their competitors'
products. For the former, I remember all the problems Disetronic was
havimg with its pumps; I also think that such things shoud not happen;
but once they occur it is a matter how it is dealt with. Disetronic
exchanged all D-Tron pumps to D-Tron plus when they discovered that there
was aproblem with the buttons and they couldn't fix it properly (they in
fact exchanged mine even before that, because I insisted that the
temporary procedure they suggested was not good enough for me).

Please note here, that I do NOT think Disetronic is the much better
company and/or produces better pumps (in fact I cannot say whether it is
any better than MM because I never had a MM pump). I just want to make
clear that I think the MM behaviour and service is absolutely ridiculous
and not adequate by any standards. It should be made clear to them that
there is NO excuse for claiming watertighness for something people's life
depends and it isn't (and then blaming the user for actually using -
including occasional bumps). they messed it up let them fix it but NOT on
the cost of consumers.

> The MM help desk supervisor called me today in response to my complaint
>yesterday. She said she couldn't offer more than half price on the
sports guard,
>but that she would elevate my request/complaint higher up to see what
they could
>do. I also said that I resented the implication from the rep I spoke
>yesterday that this problem was caused by customers bumping or dropping
>pump. She said that they didn't mean to imply that, and it's just a
matter of
>normal wear and tear causing microscopic cracks to the case. She said
when they
>initially did their testing on the Paradigm it was under lab conditions
and they
>never even thought about or took into account the fact of normal wear
and tear
>causing a problem with the case. Now that they know that, they're
>whether they can have a case that's tough enough to withstand that kind
of wear
>and tear! , so they still have a lot of work ahead of them before they
know if
>they can solve the problem. I asked whether they !
> would
> they be offering any restitution or special deal to current Paradigm
users if
>indeed they come out with a truly water resistant version. She said she
>know, but she would pass along that suggestion as well. I told her that
>were a lot of people on IP who were very unhappy over this issue and
MM's lack