Re: [IP] Re: Type 2 and obesity

In a message dated 9/9/2003 10:08:09 AM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> Risk factors for type 2
> diabetes include older age, obesity, family history of
> diabetes, prior history of gestational diabetes, impaired
> glucose tolerance, physical inactivity, and
> race/ethnicity."
As "I" understand, the longer you live, the more likely it is that you will
develop diabetes ( and BP issues, and hemmroids, and.......)
Face it, people are living a lot longer than they were even 50 years ago. The
longer people live, the bigger the chance of different health issues
(Isn't that the same reason we trade in our cars....the more mileage, the
more repairs?)
For that reason alone, you will see a rise in the statistics in the # of
individuals dxd with Type 2 diabetes.
Tina H.