[IP] Re: Type 2 caused by obesity

From: email @ redacted
You need to read the whole thing, Cindy. What I *said*
was: "*I believe* that
insulin resistance starts and, for a long time, your
pancreas can pump out
enough insulin to keep your numbers in good range.
However, all of that excess
 insulin is contributing to weight gain. (The excess
insuolin causes some pretty
severe hunger all the time, too, which doesn't help.) As
your BGs creep up,
the lethargy sets in." I continued with:"*By the time you
are diagnosed* you
are overweight and sedentary -- *but you've had diabetes
for years.* The
 diabetes is the cause of the weight gain and "laziness"
-- not the other way
Read it very, very carefully.<<

I did read it carefully and what you are saying is that
Type 2 comes first and then the weight gain as a result of
the diabetes.  And this is what the CDC is saying (plus
every other credible source I've read):

"Results from the Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP)
indicated that adults at risk for developing type 2
diabetes could prevent or delay the disease with lifestyle
changes in diet and exercise.

Based on the DPP results, the American Diabetes
Association (ADA) recommended that all overweight people
45 years of age or older with impaired glucose tolerance
(IGT) or impaired fasting glucose (IFG) should be
classified as having pre-diabetes and that they are
potential candidates for diabetes prevention

Overweight is defined as having a body mass index greater
than or equal to 25 kg/m2."

Jan, if you are correct then the CDC's info plus all other
respected medical establishment's info is incorrect.  You
should contact them and let them know most all their info
on their website is incorrect.  Then, when I read it
there, I'll believe it.