Re: [IP] Re: obesity and Type 2, CDC

I understand that you have an agenda -- found that out a few months ago
-- but the rest of the people on the list....

If you spend some time on the CDC Diabetes website, you'll notice
quickly that they admit to not knowing the causes of Diabetes (Type 1
or Type 2).  Heck they don't even know why some women get gestional
diabetes and some don't.  One of the reasons they call it "practicing"
medicine, is that most of the time, they just don't know.

 From the diabetes education I attended, there is a bunch unknown about
Type 2 diabetes alone.  They do know that some people are insulin
resistant, they do know that some people's livers produce too much
glucose, and they know that some Type 2 diabetes produce little or no
insulin.  (I think you'll find that on the CDC).

That's why there are so many different types of anti-diabetic drugs.
They throw the different drugs at you until your blood sugar becomes
more normal and then declare you cured as long as you take the pills.

I have a feeling we're going to find that there a bunch of different
genes that cause different diabetic problems -- we already know that
there are other genetic diseases that take several different genes to
make the problem appear.

But it all boils down to the following:  We don't know what causes any
type of diabetes.  We really don't even know how many types there truly
are, and it really does no good at all to blame any one for having
diabetes.  Or for producing children that have diabetes.

The best thing we can do is take care of ourselves the best way we can.