[IP] Re: obesity and Type 2, CDC

>>Ryan posted:
> >To the surprise of the CDC and health
> >professionals, a 20 year look at obesity and Type 2 has shown that while
> >obesity has increased 61% in the U.S. in the past 20 years, Type 2 has only
>
> >increased 5%. All of a sudden, the case of obesity causing Type 2 doesn't
> >hold<<

I checked the CDC website.  Couldn't find what Ryan was
talking about but this instead which states Type 2
diabetes continues to rise SUBSTANTIALLY:

 >>Major Increase in Diabetes Among Adults Occurred Nationwide Between 1990 and
1998

(ATLANTA)The burden of diabetes in adults in the United
States has increased substantially over the last decade.
Diabetes represents a serious health risk to millions of
Americans, according to new research published by the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the
September issue of Diabetes Care.<<

Read the full article at:

http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/news/docs/000823.htm

Cindy