[IP] Re: Vibrating alarms/ Deciding between 512 and Cozmo.

I have had a 507C for 4 years and even though I have had only a few alarms,
a vibrating feature is one of the things I really wanted with my next pump.
I don't like that it beeps when I bolus or when on a temp basal rate but I'm
pretty sure I'm the only one who notices.  I just figured out a few months
ago that I could turn down the volume so it is a little quieter!  I have to
say though that the 507C has been very reliable and I have had very few
problems and have had good customer service with MM.  They even replaced a
minor part after the warranty was up.

I have decided to get a Cozmo because I think the customizable meal bolus
will be very useful to me.  I want to set up boluses for high protein meals
and of course pizza.  I think if I can use these boluses and then tweak it
if necessary right after using it, I will get more consistency.  Now I have
too much trouble remembering what I did the last time and I am not always
good about writing everything down.  I am looking forward to having a pump
that will do the calculations for me (512 would do this as well).  I can do
it but it usually involves at least a piece of paper if not a calculator.
Also I tend to do a lot of rounding which I am realizing is not good for me.
A unit of insulin will usually bring me down 100 pts and one unit covers
about 15 carbs so that means small errors can cause me to be high or low.
Also I was concerned about the past performance of the paradigm.  I don't
swim much so that isn't much of an issue but I do think that MM should at
least give paradigm pumpers a free case.  Just my opinion and I'm not
bashing MM because they've been good to me.

Age 45, Type 1 dx 09/19/1973, pumping 4 years
and daughter Melinda, age 19, Type 1 - dx 11/04/2002, MDI