Re: [IP] Paradigm pumps not being water resistant afterall -- Since you asked

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mary Nosir" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 9:06 PM
Subject: [IP] Paradigm pumps not being water resistant afterall

 Does anyone know of another water resistant pump? Oh yeah, I do
> have the sport thing that keeps the pump water tight but its so big and
> and really tacky. By the way, I am on my 5th paradigm, so all the error
> messages, turning off, etc. may be explained by the fact that it wasnt
> water resistant like I was told when my insurance bought it.

I see where a lot of the members are royally hacked off about MM not even
being water resistant.

Since Mary asked, I would direct her to the Animas IR1000.

Pg. 69 of the owner's manual states, " On the battery door, there is a
rubber "o" ring which has to be replaced every time you replace the
batteries.  This ensures that your pump is WATERPROOF (emphasis mine)....

This has not been very important to me.  As others have said, a shower
allows a brief respite from being "tethered".  Also, I've heard of many
people eating to avoid lows when they pump while exercising. I take mine off
at the pool and have consistently had lower blood sugars than when I went
in.  YMMV.

Good luck to all you MM people out there.