[IP] Paradigm pumps not being water resistant afterall

Today I received a letter from Minimed stating that
 "we recommend that you do not submerge your Paradigm 511 or 512 pump in water."
I find this very disappointing since water resistance is the reason I chose the
511. I love to swim and go to water parks. For me to take my pump off and leave
it in a locker is a big hassle. Because I would have to go to the locker every
hour to check my glucose and bolus. Having a water resistant pump was like
having my old life back again (pre-diabetes) and I feel that has just been taken
away from me. Does anyone know of another water resistant pump? Oh yeah, I do
have the sport thing that keeps the pump water tight but its so big and bulky
and really tacky. By the way, I am on my 5th paradigm, so all the error
messages, turning off, etc. may be explained by the fact that it wasnt really
water resistant like I was told when my insurance bought it.

Do you Yahoo!?