[IP] Re: pe 2 NOT caused by obesity...

 --- On Mon 09/08, Kress Family < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Kress Family [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:51:52 -0500Subject: [IP] Re: pe 2 NOT caused by obesity...Not
all Type 2's progress to insulin. In fact, many do not. I know some personally
who have lost weight, made some lifestyle changes which allowed them to either
reduce their oral meds or quit them altogether.Cindy
 Cindy, Actually MOST do eventually end up with pooped out beta cells. If you
would like my reference it's Gretchen Becker's book, "The First Year, Type 2
Diabetes" pages 210-216 and as a result they will end up on orals and then
insulin. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com