Re: [IP] Ultra Smart

One advantage of being 'Old' is that medicare  & my supplement covers my
But  before Medicare, I would call Lifescan and lay on the 'Po-boy'
bit,(wasn't a lie, I was 'Po' so 'Po' I couldn't even pay a ttention)
and they would ship me a new meter.  Now I think it depends on  who you
talk to and how many times a day you test.   Drug stores etc will have
specials that more or less pays you the amount of the meter for buying
it. Don't help much if you don't have the $95 + to start with.
You might go to your doctor and ask for a prescription for sticks AND a
Ultrasmart meter.  then call Lifescan and tell them  you have a
prescription for the strips but can't afford the meter!
I take it you  are still Army, the insurance should cover the testing
stuff.  Never know till you ask!!:)