Re: [IP] Replacement lancet and daylight savings.... becomes Animas alarms

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda Zottoli" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Cc: "Linda Zottoli" <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Replacement lancet and daylight savings.... becomes Animas

> On Monday, September 8, 2003,  "Bruce Felstein"
> <email @ redacted> wrote:
> > The frequency
> > of alarms isn't something that you need worry about.

> >  the Animas pump does not have an alarm that
> > vibrates as does the Cozmo.  Does this pose any problems to those of
> > you do
> > use the Animas pump?
> Well, of course, YMMV <gr.>.  I love my Animas pump, but, yes, the
> alarms are something I do worry about.  <snip>

> Other annoying alarms occur with the Animas when you are changing
> batteries or changing the cartridge, so I suspect most of us find
> places to do these things where our alarms are not alarming or annoying
> other people.
> Linda Z

I used to worry about the Animas alarms myself.  If you don't confirm an
alarm that goes beep, beep, beep , you will get a siren alarm that starts
out low and then rises in pitch and volume.  I think it's for people like me
who sleep through the beep alarm.

One night I had an oclussion alarm, a low cartridge alarm, a low battery
alarm and the beloved Call Service 5000 alarm!  I was not a happy camper but
realized that it was best to know than not know.

Animas has told me that they want to know of every call service alarm to
keep track of the frequency.  On my last alarm, I received a new pump the
next day!

Now, Len and a few others will vouch for me.... I am wondering how a pump
that goes to siren alarm at an airport would be received.  "Gosh, is that