[IP] Pregnancy and Type I

Hi.  My name is Lesly Messina and I have been a Type I diabetic for 25 yrs and
a successful pumper (Minimed) for 5 years.  My husband and I are ready to
start a family but I am putting it off because I am paralyzed with fear!!!  I
am afraid that I wont be able to control my b.s. during the pregnancy and that
there will be harm to the baby.  I know that women have very successful
pregnancies with the pump, but I would love to hear some feedback from Type 1s
out there that have had good pregnancies, and how you managed to stay in good
control.  Right now my A1c is 6.4, but my endo and future obstetrician want it
under 6 before we begin trying.

Im really nervous so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!