Re: [IP] dead pump

In a message dated 9/8/2003 10:15:29 AM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> I haven't tried it with a quick set, but you can probably do it
> through the hole where the introducer needle was withdrawn. That
> works on other sets with a vertical design. Practice first on an old
> set that's not in a live body. The syringe only needs to go in far
> enough to go through the internal seal.

Yes I have done this, and it does work. As Michael said, you just have to put
the needle in the hole a tiny way, just to clear the seal. You can do the
same with the SofSets or you can also inject into the QR on the Sof sets. With
the Sils, you can also inject into the side of the set. It is recommended that
you have the little piece attatched that comes with the set, that you use when
you disconnect. The directions that are included with the Sil sets include
this information.

Really helps too, when you need to take a large bolus, and do not want to use
up the reservoir. I did this just last night, as the amount remaining in the
reservoir would easily last me until today,  IF, I didn't use it up in a bolus

Hope this helps, Tina H.