[IP] Re: Type 2 NOT caused by obesity...

>>From: "Elizabeth Ramsey" <email @ redacted>
So, Cindy, if you eat right, and exercise faithfully, and keep all that weight
off, and still get diabetes, what then? Cause you've eliminated all the outside
factors. All it can be then is genetics. Liz<<

If I eat right, exercise faithfully, and keep all that weight off,
the odds are in my favor that I won't develop Type 2 diabetes.  Not a
sure thing, but close.  My dad, who is average build, developed Type
2 at age 77.  I think if he had been overweight, it would have shown
up sooner.  Why risk it?  The majority of people who develop Type 2
are overweight.  That's a fact.  Don't be angry at me...I'm just the
messenger  : )  Losing weight is not an easy task for most people.  I
don't think anyone should blame themselves for not being able to
accomplish that.  But I do believe overweight Type 2's should TRY to
lose weight, exercise, etc.  Dr. Phil and Katie Couric are hosting a
special on Friday at 8:00 p.m.  Dr. Phil has boldly stated that he
doesn't think he has the answer to successful weight loss but that he
is sure he does.  I'm anxious to see what he has to say.  Not a huge
fan of his, but I agree with a lot of what he says.  His family has
always struggled with weight problems so it's something he's been
dealing with personally as well as professionally.

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 6/99