Re: [IP] Insulin On Board Methods

In a message dated 9/8/03 12:12:30 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Just curious: what is a "home trial"? They let you use the pump with
> insulin
> or just with saline? If insulin, then you must have already been on a pump
> and had your basals set, etc., right?

I dd mine with insulin -- but I had been pumpting for a few years. I can
 still "see" thelook on my endo's face when I went to an appointment just 4
after hooking up with a loaner. He noticed it wasn't my usual pump and
 questioned me. When I told him I was taking a different pump for a "test
drive," he
said, "Tell me you're pumping saline."

"Nope!" I said. "It's insulin!" He just kind of buried his head in his hands.
(He knows me well. LOL) I reminded him that I had been pumping for a few
 years, that I could call the rep for help and, if all else failed, I still had
regular pump.

Never pumped before? I would say stick with saline.

Jan and ElvisToo