Re: [IP] Pumping costs

No matter what the cost is, it is so worth it.

let me put it this way.

In 92 - freshman year in college I met a remarkable woman. She had diabetes
since she was 10 years old, just like me, BUT She was a year older than my
mom.    In 93 she went on the pump.  That pump gave her another 3 years
before she went on dialysis.  2 years later she lost her life before she
could get a kidney transplant. She never wanted to go on the pump and be
hooked up to a machine. She wasn't a gadget person, but she was grateful
that she went on it. I'm glad to, she was my best friend, and I never would
have had that if it wasn't for her. I might not have gotten on the pump when
I did, if it wasn't for her.

Dialysis can cost $34 to $54000 a year. Depending, that's a heck of a lot
cheaper than a silly old pump.  You have to think long term, and how much
more would you spend when the complications arrive.  They will come, just
how quickly depends on how well you take care of yourself.

Me talking about a person that was close to me, might not mean much to you.
But that's the perspective I have.  There has been time in the last 5 years
I didn't have supply coverage, but I always managed.  Sometimes sherry on
the generosity of others.

Thank you,