RE: [IP] special ed/504 plans

Hi Gayle...

Thank you for responding to my post regarding special ed.

I am familiar with the needs of different children and what their labels
are....and I totally agree with you that if the case were that a child with
diabetes and other learning disabilties, then they should be placed in a
special ed class.

I am totally in favor of a 504 plan which they never had back when I was in
school.  Hurray for advancements.

As I previously indicated, I do volunteer work with sld classes and there
are all sorts of disabilities there, but no child has ever been placed in a
special ed class just because they were diabetic!!!  It would be a sad time
if that were the norm!

Kathy Bruckmeyer